Bruins and Sharks accumulate 100-plus PIMs in Bruins win
Tonight the Boston Bruins hosted the San Jose Sharks and they combined for 6 goals and 104 PIMs, with the Bruins coming out with a 5-1 win over the Sharks. Even though there was a combined 104 PIMs, there was only one fighting major in the game, some roughing between players, but the majority of those PIMs came from referees overreacting and handing out misconducts, hoping to make the NHL even softer.
Game highlights video
- At 7:49, Bruins David Pastrnak scored his 12th goal of the season, a power-play goal (1-0 Bruins)
- At 17:51, Bruins David Krejci scored his 1st goal of the season, a power-play goal (2-0 Bruins)
- At 1:31, Sharks Brent Burns scored a power-play goal (2-1 Bruins)
- At 5:21, Bruins Charlie Coyle scored his 2nd goal of the season (3-1 Bruins)
- At 8:31, Bruins Chris Wagner scored his 1st goal of the season (4-1 Bruins)
- At 16:50, Bruins Brandon Carlo scored his 2nd goal of the season (5-1 Bruins)
Dropping the gloves
In the third period, Bruins Brett Ritchie dropped the gloves with Sharks Barclay Goodrow – Watch the video
Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask played in net and made 16 saves on 17 shots.
Onto the next one
The Bruins are now 9-1-2 with 20 points in the Atlantic Division. The next game for the Bruins is on Saturday, when they host the Ottawa Senators, at 7pm ET.